Premier Partnership is one of the first training organisations to be accredited to deliver the new Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence developed by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and NEBOSH.
We have been an accredited centre for both IOSH and NEBOSH for over 10 years and we deliver more than 400 classroom, blended and online health and safety training sessions per year, working with organisations including police forces, local authorities, government departments and NHS Trusts to engage their senior leaders in the importance of a health & safety-centric culture.
Engaging senior managers in health and safety learning that is suitably strategic, relevant and interesting is often a challenge and we believe that this new and internationally recognised qualification might just be the solution.
Who is the qualification for?
The qualification is aimed at senior managers and leaders and the interactive, thought provoking content shows how leaders can influence health and safety performance and culture through their actions and behaviours. It aims to provide holders with the knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety Leadership to ensure that they can contribute to the effective management of the organisation’s overall performance.
Key roles that would benefit from taking the course include:
- Board Directors
- H&S Directors
- Operations Directors
- HR Directors
- Finance Directors
- Others in senior leadership positions, or those who are aspiring to become a senior leader.
What does the course cover?
The course covers financial and legal reasons for good health and safety leadership and offers guidance on the key areas to focus on to achieve it. It also focuses on how leaders can become better advocates and influencers in relation to health and safety.
The course comprises three elements:
- The foundations of health & safety leadership
- Human failure and decision making
- The business benefits of health and safety leadership (including the moral, legal and financial arguments)
- The effects of good health and safety leadership of safety culture
- Human failures
- The HSE’s ‘Make it happen’ model
- Decision making processes including mental short cuts and perception biases
- Leadership styles
- The HSE’s five leadership values
- Building relationships with the workforce
It is assessed by an on the day assessment which includes a leadership intervention that the student is planning to undertake.
What are the benefits of doing the course?
Key benefits to organisations who undertake the course include:
- Leadership that reflects HSE’s model of effective health and safety leadership
- Health and safety will be factored into future business decisions
- Leaders who recognise how their own behaviours impact on health and safety culture